Pages

15.8.08

Olhão: Seafood Festival

Hello everyone.
Last night I went to Olhãos´ Seafood Festival. It was a hot night, around 28ºC. We left Faro around 8.00 pm, when we arrived in Olhão it was easy to park because there´s a big free parking very near the festival. Around 9.00 pm dinner was served:






We had seafood rice and boiled prawns with bread and butter.
A couple expressos later...the concert started:







The Rock Band: "Xutos e Pontapés", 25 + years playing together and singing in Portuguese. They´re one of my favorite Portuguese bands. I enjoy their music since I was 12, so it´s quite an old love.
Entrance cost: Adults 12.50 Euros each; Child: 4.00 Euros; Each ticket includes one small plate of boiled shrimps and one drink. The child price only includes one soft drink.
If you have dinner at the festival it can be a little expensive, particularly for a big family, because food is not included in the entrance cost. If you ask me, I think it´s worth every cent and I always have a great time.
I like many musics from Xutos but the one in the video below is kind of special to me. The video is from Rock in Rio Festival in Lisbon. Check out how these gents perform live:

0 comments: